When processing personal data, we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. Among other things, this means that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement;
- we strive to limit the collection of personal data only to those required for legitimate purposes;
- we first ask for your express consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and we require the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or to have it corrected or deleted at your request.
If you have any questions or would like to know exactly what data we hold about you, please contact us.
A data controller is a legal or natural person who (individually or jointly with others) determines the purposes for which personal information is or should be collected and the manner in which it is done.
Data operators (or “service providers”)
A Data Controller (or “Service Provider”) is any natural or legal entity that processes data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to increase the efficiency of processing your data.
Data Subject (or “User”)
A data subject is any living person who uses our site and is the subject of Personal Data.
Collection of personal data
To provide services, we may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Information you provide to us. During registration, we ask for personal information such as last name, first name, patronymic, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number. This information is stored in your account.
- Automatic collection of technical information. When you use the site, we collect some information automatically, such as your IP address, your operating system type, browser type, and the time and date of your visit. Such information may be personal data if it directly allows you to be identified.
When you use the site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that will be used to identify you or contact you. Personally identifiable information includes, among others:
- Email address;
- Surname, first name and patronymic;
- Address with indication of street, district, region, index/postal code, city;
- Cookie files and Usage Data;
We may use your personal data to send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these materials from us by following the “unsubscribe” link or by following the instructions we provide in any email we send. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) b) GDPR.
The site server temporarily registers the domain name or IP address of the visitor’s computer, as well as the date of access, files (file name and URL), HTTP response code and the website from which the visitor got to the site, the number of bytes, transferred during the session.
There are different ways to set cookies. You can:
- disable their action and delete them at your own will;
- limit the browser’s ability to track your website browsing history.
You can read more about cookies in our Cookie Agreement https://modern-museum.org.ua/cookies
Use of personal data
The personal data of visitors is used to facilitate the use of the site by visitors, to record their interests and preferences in the implementation of the editorial policy, as well as to analyze the behavior of users, including when working with contractors in the field of advertising. Personal data is used in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine “On Personal Data Protection”.
We may only collect or receive information for a number of purposes related to our business operations, which may include the following:
Communication – via phone, mail, e-mail and/or web forms.
The following categories of data are collected:
- E-mail address.
We use this information to identify the user contacting us and to respond to them.
Compilation and analysis of statistics to improve the website.
The following categories of data are collected:
Internet activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information about a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or online advertisement
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To maintain the site in working condition;
- To notify you about changes on the site;
- To enable you to use the interactive features of the site when you choose to do so;
- To provide user support;
- To collect analytical or valuable information so that we can improve our site;
- To monitor the use of the site;
- To identify and prevent technical problems and respond to them;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other products, services and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or are interested in, unless you choose not to receive such information
Legal justification for processing personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We will process your personal data in order to:
- satisfy our legitimate interests, including for:
- conducting corporate operations (for example, for corporate restructuring, sale of assets or transfer of rights to assets, merger); and
- comply with our legal obligations, any court orders or other binding decisions;
- with your consent for other purposes, such as newsletter subscription; in this case, you have the option to withdraw your consent at any time.
Distribution and Disclosure of Personal Data
We believe it is our responsibility to fulfill and comply with the law, so we may disclose your personal data in some cases. In particular, we may disclose relevant personal data if we believe it is necessary and reasonable to comply with the law, legal process, to conduct an investigation or at the request of other governmental authorities, as well as in response to complaints, to protect against fraud, abuse, improper or illegal use of the site.
With your consent, we may transfer personal data to third parties. The terms of the transfer and the term must be determined by such consent.
Third party services.
From time to time, we may use the services of third parties to process personal data. Such services may include research, analytics, cookies, emails, etc. When using any third-party data processing services, we sign data processing agreements in which we require any third party to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
We care about the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only specific identified individuals have access to your data, that access to the data is secure and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites linked from our site. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will process your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of those websites before using those websites.
Period of personal data storage
The site reserves the right to store personal data for an unlimited period of time. Personal data can be destroyed at your request or in cases provided by law.
Accessing and changing your data
If you have any questions or would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please contact us. Please always state clearly who you are so that we can be sure that we are not changing or deleting the wrong person’s data. We will provide the requested information only after receiving a verifiable user request. You can contact us using the information below. You have the following rights:
- You can request access to the data we process about you.
- You can refuse the processing of personal data.
- You can request a review in a commonly used format of the data we process about you.
- You can request the correction or deletion of data if it is incorrect, out of date or no longer relevant, or request the restriction of data processing.
Our website is not intended to attract children, and we do not intend to collect personal data from children who have not reached the age of consent in their country of residence. Therefore, we ask children who have not reached the age of consent not to provide us with any personal data.
Museum of Modern Art of Ukraine
St. Kyrylivska, 41, Kyiv, 04080, Ukraine
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +38 044 454 4740